Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Funniest Gaming Moment

A lot of hilarious events have occurred during gaming over the years, but I think the funniest took place during a D&D game in a friend's homebrew world. Half of the group couldn't show up that night, so it was just me (playing a goblin merchant, armed with a crossbow) and one other PC (playing a druid, armed with a cudgel) adventuring. I don't remember exactly why, but we got involved in a very dramatic and exciting carriage chase with a couple of NPC bad guys. I managed to hit the horses dragging the enemy carriage with some deadly accurate hits from my crossbow, sending the whole contraption tumbling into a mess of horseflesh, broken carriage, and battered NPCs. After our carriage draws to a stop, the druid and I get out and investigate. We learn that the NPCs are unconscious and the horses are dead.

Apparently, the player running the druid didn't hear this last part. "I walk up to the horses," he says, "and hit them in the head with my cudgel. You know, to put them out of their misery."

I sputter "Talk about beating a dead horse!" and collapse into paroxysms of laughter, tears streaming down my cheeks. It must've took 20 minutes for us to regain our cool, and I still smile just thinking about that today.

No comments: